North East Winnipeg Historical Society Inc. (2010)
1920's Stadacona Street in Elmwood with the Louise Bridge in the background
1920's Fraser's Grove
Elmwood Pats Lacrosse Team 1934.
Elmwood Boxing Club 1949.
First Kelvin Community club boxcar clubhouse, located at the East End of the property 1948.
Kelvin Community Centre Clubhouse in 1949.
1959-1960 Midget Girls Kelvin Community Club
Figure skating at Kelvin Community Club 1952.
Fogging at the Elmwood Dump 1955.
Montcalm Pumping Station 1962.
Linden Avenue Pumping Station 1962.
Hart Avenue Pumping Station 1962.
Midwinter Avenue near the Disraeli Bridge during the 1966 Flood.
Men from Elmwood and East Kildonan who were part of the 222 Regiment in World War One before they were sent overseas, 1916.
Watt Street North Walking Tour - May 2016
Rossmere Golf & Country Club opened in the spring of 1951
Bells were ringing loudly announcing our arrival at the Holy Eucharist Ukrainian Catholic Church!
inside the beautiful church, listening to the history of the paintings & stained glass.
stained glass by Manitoba artist Leo Mol
the home of the Starkell Family. Don Starkell & his son Dana listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest canoe trip. Chronicled in his book "Paddle to the Amazon", published in 1987.
Hazel Dell Walking Tour- May 2016
The start of the walk 100 block of Hazel Dell Ave.
Making our way down the north side of Hazel Dell, homes built in 1920's.
11 Hazel Dell, built in 1949, was home of the McEwen Family
Arriving at 'The Purple House', touring inside the yard.
'The Purple House' built in 1921, Ralph Erwin founder of the Salisbury House Restaurants lived there from 1940.
'Munroe House' - 126 Roberta Ave., built in 1892 & is the 2nd oldest home in the area.